The conference registration is now open. If you have pre-registered before you may login with your existing GraphicalWeb2014 account and continue to "Final Registration and Payment". If you haven't pregistered you can now create a new GraphicalWeb 2014 account and also continue to "Final Registration and Payment".
- Abstract Submission Opened: January 31
- Abstract Submission Closed: April 7, extended to April 28
- Abstract Acceptance Information (after Reviewing): May 28
- Early Bird Registration Deadline: July 11
- Full Paper Submission: August 22
- Main Conference: August 27 to 29 (Wednesday to Friday)
- Dinner Event in Portsmouth on HMS warrior (incl. boat tour in the harbour): August 28 (Thursday)
- Workshops: August 29 (Friday afternoon) and August 30 (Saturday)
Pricing, Conference Fees
The early bird deadline will be Friday, July 11.
|Cat A: conference and workshops, incl. accommodation on campus for 4 nights (Tuesday to Friday, Checkout Saturday morning)
||£ 575.- (early bird)
£ 625.- (after early bird)
|Cat B: conference and workshops, incl. accommodation on campus for 3 nights (Wednesday to Friday, Checkout Saturday morning)
||£ 525.- (early bird)
£ 575.- (after early bird)
|Cat C: conference and workshops, no accommodation
||£ 340.- (early bird)
£ 390.- (after early bird)
|Cat D: conference without workshops, incl. accommodation on campus for 3 nights (Tuesday to Thursday, Checkout Friday morning)
||£ 380.- (early bird)
£ 430.- (after early bird)
|Cat E: conference without workshops, incl. accommodation on campus for 2 nights (Wednesday to Thursday, Checkout Friday morning)
||£ 335.- (early bird)
£ 385.- (after early bird)
|Cat F: conference without workshops, no accommodation
||£ 205.- (early bird)
£ 255.- (after early bird)
|Conference Dinner in Portsmouth on HMS Warrior on Thursday, Aug 28; incl. bus transfer and harbour tour. This is an optional extra, not included in regular conference registration.
Accepted conference speakers and students will get a discount of £ 100.- on each category.
Accepted conference speakers will also get a free conference dinner ticket for Thursday, Aug 28.
Sponsors will get the indicated numbers of free conference tickets included in their selected package. Cat C and F only, excl. accommodation.
Full refunds can be made up to one month before the conference. A 50% refund can be made 10-30 days prior to the conference. In both cases there will be a cancellation fee of £ 10.-. There will be no refunds given for cancellations made within 10 days before the conference or cancellations made after the conference.
The conference will take place in the Stripe Building (no. 17 on the campus map) with workshops taking place in St Alphege Building (no. 16 on the campus map). Conference registration will take place in the Stripe Building from 09.00hrs on Wednesday 27th August.
For those who booked conference with accommodation (cat. A, B, D, E) we can inform you that your accommodation will be in the Burma Road Student Village, which is ensuite accommodation located on our main campus (please see campus map – Burma Road Student Village is no. 29 on the map). Please be aware that each of our Burma Road flats contain 8 ensuite bedrooms, and a shared kitchen. Tea/ coffee making facilities will be provided, however kitchen utensils will not so you may wish to consider bringing your own.
Bed linen and towels are provided; bed linen is changed once a week, and towels are changed every 3 days. Please note there is lift access to all bedrooms.
Check-in is from 14.00hrs on day of arrival and check out is by 10.00hrs on day of departure. Check-in will be from Main Reception which is located in the University Centre (building no. 11 on the campus map). If Main Reception is closed when you arrive, a phone will be provided for you to call our Site Stewards who are onsite 24hrs a day - they will come and meet you to give you your key as soon as possible. When checking out, keys can either be returned to Main Reception/ Site Stewards, or if reception is closed, placed in a drop-box in the entrance to main reception. Any lost or unreturned keys will be charged at £10.00 per key.
A buffet breakfast will be available in the Food Hall each morning from 07.00 – 08.30hrs, which is located within the University Centre (no. 11 on the campus map).
- Burma Road Block B Laundrette: £2.00 per wash, £1.00 per dry
- Learning Café: 08.00 – 15.00 weekdays (computers are available until 20.00hrs each evening)
- Kenneth Kettle Building – Cyber Italia: 10.00 – 16.00 weekdays (computers are available until 20.00hrs each evening)
- Cash Machine: Located on level 3 of the University Centre
- University Gym: Located on the ground floor of Block C Burma Road. First Induction required, thereafter £5.00 per session. Please speak to the sports staff on the reception desk for further information.
- Bars: The student union bars are not open during the summer and only opened for requested bookings. The nearest bar to the accommodation is the County Arms pub or the St. James Tavern, both located on Romsey Road.
Parking is limited at the University, and we would therefore recommend using public transport or the Park & Ride services where possible, as parking is not guaranteed. Parking will be available on a first come first served basis in the Dytch (Main) Car Park (B), Medecroft Car Park (C), St James Car Park (D) or West Downs Car Park (F) - please see campus map.
For residential delegates, please note there are 2 x unloading bays outside Burma Road block A, and 2 x unloading bays outside Burma Road Block E. Please note there is a maximum stay of 10 minutes in these bays, then you will need to move your vehicle to one of the main car parks as listed above. Please note that these car parks may be some distance away from your accommodation. Please ensure you display a parking permit in your vehicle, otherwise you may be ticketed.
Please note that workshops are being run on a BYOD (bring your own device) basis, participants will be expected to bring with them their own laptop capable of dealing with workshop content. Wifi will be available and instructors will make course content/materials available for download as appropriate. But it is the delegate’s sole responsibility to make sure they have a suitable device for participating in the workshops.
Wifi is available to our guests; to access the Eduroam network you will require a username and password. Wifi logins will be available upon check-in or at registration.
Useful contact numbers
- 01962 827666 – University Site Stewards (onsite 24hrs)
- 01962 827322 - Conference Office (open weekdays 09.00 - 18.00hrs)
- 01962 878727 – Wintax (Winchester taxi company)
If you require medical attention during your stay, please call our Site Stewards (all of whom are first aid trained) and they will be able to help you.